Monday 12 March 2012

Day Fifteen

Almost halfway with my forty day fast but already I'm wondering about taking this experiment further. I feel that this diet really suits me - my skin looks clearer, I don't feel heavy or drained after eating, I have more energy and am getting up earlier. Self-denial is also such great spiritual discipline. I feel sharper and more attuned to God, more ready to make an effort rather than take the lazy way out.
This morning I'm really excited about making pancakes for breakfast. Pancakes are probably my all time favourite food! Crepes, drop-scones, american style, rolling crumpets. If it's a pancake I'll eat it! And my top two breakfasts of all time are drop-scones with butter, banana and maple syrup, or American-style pancakes with hot blueberry compote. Well I have blueberries in the house and I feel a need for some nurturing this morning so I'm going to try this this egg-free pancake recipe from a blog I just discovered: http://artofdessert.blogspot.com/2010/06/egg-free-pancakes.html
I'll report back....

No comments:

Post a Comment